Friday, August 29, 2008

Do You Still Keep Your Report Card ?

Badges...I do not have the full collection. Uniform...long became my foot cloth (but I remember my mum told me that my prefect maroon jacket have been given to my great uncle from China who happen to visit my parents way back in 1994, when I was in West Malaysia...). On cards/letters....may have misplaced especially those sensitive ones but my wife kept well those letters written from me (I think ladies are like that....keeping score and reflecting our soft parts)...haiz..

Oh...Yes, I have still have my report cards...the blue faded colour primary report card is already 30 years old and the green secondary colour is 24 years old...what a precious item and would not trade for a million ringgit (would you believe ?) kahkekeke...


Some of the information written inside the card is really enlightening to reflect...example...my weight was 50 pounds and height was 3 feet 11 inches when I was measured on 31/3/1978. By the time I left the primary school, I weighed 55 kgs and my height was 1.57m. But in the secondary school, such vital statistics were not recorded and proabably it was not important. Anyone can tell why they are not recorded ? (Anyway...my weight doubled up when I finished Form Six in 1990 but the height was 1.84m....luckily they did not measure my waist or other vital parts...hahaha...they may have discovered Zohan earlier...hahaha)

Interesting to note also the change of title of subject taught:

Primary vs Secondary
Ilmu Hisab - Matematik
Congak - ?
Tawarikh/Ilmu Alam - Geografi

Hey, I have also studied Jawi and got a C in Primary 6. ( A,B,C - Alif, Ba, Ta : correct kah...Hansac ?)

So, Ivy...are we equal for now ? :)


5 comments:

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

I still have my Sacred Heart Secondary report card.

When I entered Sacred Heart in Form 2, I was no. 13 in a class of 40 (2A3). In 3A4, in Percubaan II (last exam before SRP), I got 16/39.

In 4Sc1, I got 5 Fs and three Pangkat Tigas hahahahaha. In the first term, I was 39/45. The highest I got for Fizik 60% in that year.

Come form 5, for the final exam before SPM I got Pangkat 2 and 19/43, because my BM was 52%. Oh FUCK HOW I HATE BM. I do not hate it as a language, I speak it fairly well, I just hate it as an academic subject.

I still hate any propagandistic tool.

Ivy said...

You read my mind Gr8buds! I was thinking of posting the same topic for the next round...yup, still have my report cards too. Infact, found out that I also kept my school fees card.

Hansac, thumbs up to you for being so frank on how well you used to do academically. It just proves that just becos you don't score in school doesn't mean you won't score in life.

My weakest subject - A.Maths.

Anonymous said...

MGB, was it necoz the scale was damaged everytime u stepped on it?

mygreatbuds said...

Anonymous, fortunately not because it was never measured in secondary school.

Heroes said...

report cards?? mine all gone and became dust...maybe..

I still remember some of the signature in the secondary report card were mine!

MGB, still remember? You always want to compete with me in our secondary school time.

Ivy, your weakest subject is my favourite subject.