Friday, February 03, 2006

Posting Comments To Blog Articles

Dear all,
After an article has been posted, anyone may post comments to the article by clicking on the Comments link at the bottom of the article.

Two types of comments can be posted - anonymous or verified. Anonymous comments can be posted by anyone (without having to set up a Blogger account). The problem with anonymous comments is that after a while some people in the US will start sending spam comments, so for the long term it would be better to block anonymous comments and allow only verified ones. For the moment, I will allow anonymous comments (but please let us know who are also lah :) ), and I will try to delete any spam comments.

Verified comments can be posted by anyone with a Blogger account. I think Eric Phang (Kok Sey) was the first one to set up his account after I created this blog :) I am in Kluang at the moment (my wife's hometown), when I go back to KL tomorrow, I will write a simple tutorial on how to set up a Blogger account.

You also need to set up a Blogger account if you want to contribute articles to the blog.

I will also write a tutorial on how to create articles on the blog in the next few days.

Many thanks to Eric for sending the blog details to our friends. Feel free to forward the info to anyone else who are in the class of SHS 88-90. Happy blogging!

Sie Chiong

No comments: