Sunday, March 19, 2006

Of people who made a difference in our lives

With the recent release of SPM and STPM results, my thoughts went back to 20 years ago, when I was in Form 3 and going to sit for SRP (equivalent of PMR nowadays).

My class, 3A8, was not in a good shape and Bro. Albinus was a bit concerned. So, he decided to force the entire class to come to the school at night to study. I still remember cycling to school via Tiong Hua road every night after dinner.

Bro. Albinus visited the classroom every night to make sure we were all there. At the end of the year, the results spoke for themselves - almost everyone got decent results, including myself.

To this day, I always remembered what Bro. Albinus did that year, and what a difference it made for all of us in 3A8.

3 comments:

Heroes said...

3A8....one of the sound class in our school days. Bro. Albinus had given us a most memorial lesson in which changed most of our result in SRP.

Yong Ching Tong was our form teacher in 2A8. Where is he now???

Rentap said...

I still remember my classmates in 3A8. We all knew each other from 1A8 right?.

For me, 3A8 and the year 1986 is a very significant year in my life. Somehow, I grew up before SPM and realised I have to study hard and get good grades. I did and the friends I mixed with are the ones made me who I am today. Thanks guys. You know who you are.

Heroes said...

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear from u....

I am not refering to Mr. Yong Choo Tiong who had some misunderstanding with one of our classmate (you know who I mean) during our Mathematic class in Form Six.

Yong Ching Tong is the temporary teacher who just completed his Form Six and got pimple on his face.