Sunday, August 09, 2009

Blog To Facebook

Starting mid 2007, I have started blogging upon the invitation of Ah Chiong @ Pat when he started this Alumni blog in running up to our 20th Anniversary Reunion in Feb 2008. It was a hit and months after that, there were so much activities on the blog lead by Pat and the group of Heroes, Mr. Tee, Ivy, WH and myself especially engaging in heaty conversation on various topics. Everyday, I ensure that I will spend considerably time on blogging and can't wait for comments to be sent or receive when a comment being posted. Wake up, I must sign on to see and before sleeping, to read any latest news...Huh, it was a great time indeed beside brushing up the skills of writing, thinking, putting up thoughts in written words or even jokes..

This run until the reunion day in Feb 2008, when Louis and gang found out this blog, and I could remember he had started to invite us to facebook and he urges us to sign up. Frankly, at that time, I was not interested to change as yet. Then, month after month, I learnt that Heroes, Mr. Tee. Ah Too and even Ivy started to hook up to Facebook. My sister also sent me an invitation in early 2008 but I have never responded not until nearly 10 months after that in Oct 2008, I tried to sign up and put in a hello remarks on the status...and then silent again for another 5 months...where I still loyally spent time in browsing blogs putting comments etc. I could notice that the traffic to blog has dwindle down especially from the usual main players..(you know lah) and then through their communication...they talked about mafia, triump, barns...tagging...etc... They have even stopped posting blogs either on this Alumni or their personal blog. What can I said, the attraction of FB is so personal that I think they just could not resist as it is instantly calling them...

In between the 5 months, I was quite frequent online in FB (about fortnightly basis) and didn't quite understand and like it. I have to seek the password revalidation few times as I forgotten my personal password. Ah ha...by March 2009, after having my blackberry...everything that is online is within my palm...so naturally it has now became my pet online programme beside the Malaysian Insider and Chedet.

FB is indeed a great online networking programme, a passing time programme some more, for Heroes, Mr. Tee and Ah Too, it is a gaming programme...a great place to do their strategy games...

If a vote being given for online attraction....
before 2008 - Emailing, flicker...
2008 - Blogging
2009 - FB
2010 - ?

So, guys what is the next online attraction ???

12 comments:

Warhammer said...

G8buds, true, gone are those days and i very much doubt those glory days will return. Just look at Pat's request for 2009 reunion photos...that same request's been sitting there for month with no reply or new comments. In the past it would have been responded to in a flash. New toys will always attract more attention. I guess you're the only old faithful. To quote a friend of a friend who moved from blogger to her own domain - "Goodbye blogger, it's been fun while it lasted."

So are you migrating? :)

Mr Tee said...

MGB,
I can still recall when we 'migrated' to FB, me and Heroes invited u to FB! You sounded so green and said NO TIME lah. Now? Wow la eh...blackberry 24 hrs!! Bukan main tau! I get a shock when I post around midnight and get an instant reply from u!!!

Having said that, i think we haven't neglected BLOG. I do visit them at least weekly eversince.

Mr Tee said...

So are you migrating? :) ->

WH, how dare u ask him that Qn? He has blackberry which he hangs around his neck and it DINGS everytime someone post at his FB or email him!

Hmmm...u will be haunted by him minutely basis!!!

Hei, u very quiet at FB leh?

Warhammer said...

Mr. Tee,
It wasn't a question...it was rhetorical. [Now how to do key in the smiley for rolling eyes?]
:P

Me quiet in FB? Not really. Just that i needed to prioritise my time. I don't have a big fat lottery to see me thru my end of days so gotta spend more time at magnum, da ma cai and
toto stores. :)

mygreatbuds said...

No migration as I am serving both areas. I like FB because it is instant but I still need blog to put down my long thoughts...:-)

yeah, having blackberry at times quite disturbing when you are in intimate position...and the sound....brrr...brrr...(honey, you forgot to off it again..)

but hey...blog is a place for us to pen down deeper thought rather than just hi, hi, hi..

So, please do continue having both...at least for the moment...before going tweeting ???

Warhammer said...

Quote Gr8buds "and the sound....brrr...brrr...(honey, you forgot to off it again..)"

Erm...i think u did two typos. Brrr...brrr...ain't sound but motion. And I believe you meant to say, (honey, you forgot to turn it up!) ;) ;). Come now...don't be shy...:P

Ivy said...

Yippieee!!! Traffic on the SHS blog! Ha ha ha, I know I know, I'm the pot calling the kettle black....haven't contributed any posts for ages.

Blogging and Facebooking are very different, to me, at least. I've always enjoyed writing, and that's what blogging is to me.

Facebook has allowed me to connect to so many long lost friends, and keeps us connected by being updated on their lives now and then as they upload photos or make comments. Those are the reasons I stick with FB.

Pat said...

Sorry to be late to this, but I agree with Ivy - each has its own purpose :)

Facebook is definitely more suitable for socializing and keeping up to date with friends, while the blog is useful for sharing thoughts, opinions, etc.

Warhammer said...

Pat/Ivy,
While that may be true with each having different purposes but it's like having a garden and a nursery. Neglect one or the other and they'll leave you with either overgrown weeds and other undesireables or dead plants.

....and most of the gardeners are missing...

Ivy said...

...but our hammer-wielding romeo is around...that's quite enough to set the garden on fire, ain't it?

And I'm sure all the other gardeners would nurture this blog back to life in a jiff if they wanted to.

What say we start a sexist topic, that'll do the trick! Come come, Warhammer, I know you've got tonnes up your sleeves, heh heh.

Warhammer said...

Garden on fire?? I want a lovely garden with lots of flowers to look at...not blakc charcoal burned out flowers and weeds...

But I quote you "And I'm sure all the other gardeners would nurture this blog back to life in a jiff if they wanted to."

Yes, you're right...it can be done IF they WANTED to...key words in caps...:P

Oooh...sexist topic...interesting...wait...Heyyyy...what are you implying here?!?! Heroes or Gr8buds more the likely candidate....actually, MR TEE is...

Heroes said...

Wow..it's seem that I was the one who had left blogging for ages and yes I am kind of addicted to facebook nowadays... Anyway I will DEFINITELY drop by our blog on more regularly basis..... :-P