Saturday, February 13, 2010

22nd Reunion Lunch @ 15th February 2010

Venue : Coffee House, Tanahmas Hotel, Sibu
Date : 15th February 2010 (Monday)
Time : 12.30pm to 2.30p.m
Entrance : Free

"Sekali ditipu, dua kali takut" Tapi sekarang sekali lagi ditipu orang...now 4 kali takut !

But it is okay, we will rise to organise this reunion together with David, Paul & myself. We have immediately set up the venue at the coffee house of Tanahmas Hotel, Sibu. The serving will be on Ala Carte menu and entrance is free. We have set a humble figure of 20 pax but all are welcome, we can easily extend the seating. We may not have the luxury to have the stage, dancing and performance, but definitely all who attend this simple reunion session will provide the best present for everyone.
To ensure the best reunion for future and many years ahead after two years of disappointments in a row, taking the lead from Sie Chiong in my personal blog, I am proposing to set up a life time organising chairman/committee members for our Reunion (until such time...real election can be organised). These members have proven their unselfish acts of contribution and support over the last 22 years since we left school...and they are;

a) Paul Ting
b) Ling Sie Chiong
c) David Kuok
d) Eric Phang
e) Ivy Puah
f) Anthony Ting
g) Ngan Tuong Kiew
h) Thadeues Allu Bartholomew
i) Tiong Kwong Siong
j) Joseph Sia

The post for the chairmanship will be rotated accordingly. For 2011, I am proposing Eric Phang to lead the dinner planning (funny...if this is a nomination for MP/ADUN...everybody will be fighting each others).

By tradition, it has been said that everyone will have one time opportunity to organise the reunion but the last two years have taught many loyal supporters of the reunion that this tradition is just not possible for whatever reason, not all are passionate about reunion with one another.

Let's the few of us burn our energy and love for many others, be the uniting force for them throuigh generations. I look forward to your comments so that we are able to chart out more concrete plans ahead. Remember, how many 10 years do we have ? Just do it ! Cheers.

Last but the least, though I am away from Sibu for this Chinese New Year, my heart with all good friends and I seek my apology for unable to be with you all. It was a last minute arrangement as my parents came out to Kuching to celebrate with my sister and brother. The least I could afford is helping to spread the news and encourage many to attend our Reunion Lunch 2010.

6 comments:

astleybryan said...

Here, I wish everyone Happy lunar new year!

Pat said...

Dear Stephen,
Well done for the idea, and you have my full support for it!

Due to various reasons, I am also not in Sibu this year, but confirmed I will be in Sibu for CNY for 2011. Eric, let's make it another fantastic one for 2011!

Last but not least, wishing everyone a very happy new year of the tiger!

Mr Tee said...

Confirmation of participations under my list are:
1) Jimmy Ting
2) Sii How Hui
3) Dr Lau Ngi Chuong
4) Dr Wong Kok Soon
5) Kong Soon Shu

I tried to ring the hotel cafeteria to confirm our booking but apparently the staff who handled my call knows NOTHING and can't understand ENGLISH! Promised to return call but nothing happended. KNN. Hopefully, everything runs well!

See you! SHS8890 Go Go Go!!!

mygreatbuds said...

Should be okay...if not, they can wait for my lawyer's letter.

Ivy said...

Tersepit among the boys....what an honour!!

mygreatbuds said...

lucky you said tersepit...not in between...