Sunday, February 21, 2010

TV Nostalgia Part 2

Apologies for my long silence - writer's block, etc. Many thanks to Stephen for faithfully updating the blog regularly. Also, congrats to Paul for managing to pull together a lunch reunion at short notice this year :)

Anyway, continuing on my TV Nostalgia series, this show was something that my whole family loved back in the late 70's and the early 80's. My mom, despite her lack of English literacy, still managed to fervently follow it. Yup, I am talking about none other than Little House on The Prairie.

The kids in the series were around the same age as me when I was watching it, so I guess I could identify with some of their adventures, challenges, etc then. Coupled with that was a heart-warming theme of family togetherness, of facing adversities together, making for a very compelling and watchable programme.

In the 80's, I got to read to the actual books written by Laura Ingalls Wilder (did you know that she lived to be 90?) in the Sibu Sacred Church library.

Anyway, just to relive those memories again, here's the theme from Little House on The Prairie, courtesy of Youtube:

3 comments:

Ivy said...

Thanks for this Pat, loved the series. Melissa Gilbert is still as beautiful as ever today.

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.