Monday, February 18, 2008

SMK Sacred Heart


This morning Joseph sms me about the appointment & want me to meet him at the school canteen. I immediately reply to him and asked him "is it the same old place" and he reply "don't know coz not been to the school for ages". So I wait for him at the main gate. Last time I been to the school 18 years ago when I was in form six except few nights ago when I attended a dinner with Pak Lah at the new SHS hall. Greatbuds I did mention your name to Pak Lah. :0. I took few shots of school compound for those who have not seen the school for ages including me.

New hall - Badminton courts (1st floor), Principal office (g/f), staff room (g/f), canteen (g/f)


Side view of the hall

Few classes at the back of the hall




The Principal (right) receiving the donations.




Old canteen but now become classrooms

Used to be our form six classes.



Squash Hall
SHS Primary School(left) & SHS Secondary (right)
New Basketball court
St Elizabeth school can be seen clearly


Old principal's office & staff room. Now is a dental clinic & pusat sumber guru & computer room (1st floor)
Old badminton hall

Block 1 (right) & Block 2 (left)
In between block 1 & block 2
Neck ties. Prefect (top), Librarian (2nd), Monitor (3rd), Korikulum (4th), Skim Pinjaman Buku Text (5th), Pembimbing Rakan Sebaya (6th).

10 comments:

Pat said...

Wow, Hardy, excellent post!

Thanks very much to Allen, Joseph, Kieng Thai, Hardy and Romeo for attending the handover ceremony on behalf of everyone.

Hardy, thanks so much for the great photos of SHS. I can see that SHS has changed a great deal in the last 20 years. It looks really modern and well kept nowadays.

Anonymous said...

Tak tahulah. Samada saya ni seorang yang terlalu sentimental atau apa. Tapi saat saya menatap gambar-gambar ini, perasaan sebak yang tak tertahan tiba-tiba saya rasakan.
Di situlah saya belajar menjadi seorang dewasa (?). Tempat jatuh lagi dikenang, inikan pula tempat bermain, bercinta (?) dsbg.
"Seperti baru semalam kita berpisah..."

Heroes said...

It's been a long long time I didn't enter the main gate of our SHS and I think since 1990. 18 years.... It's really change a lot when I look at the pic and I have the same feeling with Ted.

One of my favourite malay song by Gersang: "Masih Aku Terasa" filling up my mind from the moment I read this post and mainly brought up by Ted with the last sentence. I always sing this song whenever I go to karaoke with friends if this song is still available in that karaoke place.

Sejenak aku dikejutkan
Bersama ombak cinta luka
Perpisahan melanda kita
Hanya kerna peristiwa itu

Kiranya takdir mengizinkan
Inginku kembali padamu
Meneruskan cinta yang lalu
Kerana kau yang aku sayangi

(korus)
Akan kusimpan kenangan cinta kita
Yang tak akan terpadam selamanya
Kehangatan cintamu masih aku terasa
Seperti baru semalam kita berpisah

Tangisan sedu di hatiku
Menahan kepedihan ini
Sendiri aku mengenangkanmu
Hanya engkau yang aku sayangi

(ulang korus)

[background] *tears drop sound* :-)

mygreatbuds said...

Great recollection, I am impress with the progress.

Is the toilet block beside the canteen still around ?

How about the 3 level bar (exercise bar) between Block 1 & 2 ? So far had not been able to touch my chin, not even one time...

BTW, on the handing over ceremony, how come no familar faces from the school ? The least is pa-lan-toi can be called upon or chui-keh can also ma ?

Hardy said...

Toilet still there but the exercise bar no more. They changed it to the fountain of youth.

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

I thought I am the only one who felt sebak di dada.

I love my school.

Hardy said...

Geng,
Dah habis your military training kah?

Anonymous said...

I recalled the princial said something like red army (school prefect)i.e the red army is well-known not only in Sibu but the whole of Sarawak. This is the comment made by one (1) former teacher of SHS who is currently serving in education ministry when he went back to SHS. (Ahem! the former red army)

The red army also set standard to other clubs to follow and that is why you can see so many types of tie there.

Hero, I can hear you singing "masih asku terasa" now. That is a nice song.

John Fam said...

.....................

Mr Tee said...

JF,
Why dot dot dot? U bo wa ho gon leh? Hehe!

Speaking of those pics, the initial photos look alien but only the old buildings which send the sentimental value signal.