Sunday, March 30, 2008

Our Physic's Guru - The "Ralat Mulat" King


Hi guys/gals, I met Mr. Lopez this morning at Aloha Coffee Shop, Sibu. This is by golden chance I would say...as I have not met him since 1990 and though there were some news learnt about him in the 90s.

He has indeed grown old but still have a fitter physical than myself (Hehehe). I told him about our reunion gathering 2 months back and he said he did learnt about it and he suggested that the next time, the organiser should organise transportation to pick teachers especially him as he could not drive at night due to poorer vision. I think it is a valid request...I hope the OC for 2009 gathering does take note of this.

Last but not least, we did exchange contacts...(I will sms to Pat for update in our contacts)

Wow...what a priceless met up..

6 comments:

Pat said...

Wow! I saw him a few times in Sacred Heart church during the 90's, but have lost touch since then.

I have fond memories of him, he really tried his best to teach us in BM although he was not strong in the language.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I remember well Lopez's frustration with being forced to switch from English to Bahasa Malaysia, too. That destructive and unnecessary change in education policy robbed him of his effectiveness as a physics teacher and, most importantly, shortchanged generations of students. We were the second generation of human sacrifices offered to the God of Nationalist Pride. I slogged through two years of Lopez's class, in Forms 4 and 5, without understanding much of anything, largely due to his weak command of Bahasa Malaysia. It wasn't until I left after Form 5 and was taught physics in English using English textbooks that I finally gained a good grasp of the subject. Still, I do not blame him for the two years of confusion I suffered. As Pat said, and I agree with him, Lopez did try his best to teach us, despite the imposed handicap.

It would be good to get his contact information. Since he still resides in Sibu, I can look him up whenever I visit the ol' hometown.

William said...

Is Mr.Ong still around?

Mr Tee said...

I remember Mr Lopez as the teacher who can just teach and finish off (assuming he finished it) his last sentence by walking out of the class room. ;)

William,
I saw Mr Ong in the mid 90's in KCH. He said he was getting to marry a KCH girl. I think someone else has his latest whereabout written somewhere in this blog.

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

I think Pat kept in touch with Mr. Ong, and he is in Penang now. Google him up.

Pat said...

Regarding Mr Ong, from my googling I found out he is teaching in SMK Raja Tun Uda, Penang. I am not sure whether he is still there. Unfortunately, I couldn't find his contact details.