Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Music is up!

Finally, after three nights of working on it, and stealing some company time today as well, I managed to put up the 80's music on the sidebar.

Thanks and credit goes to Hansac, in the end I used his technique of using Radio Blog to do it. It took me a while to find an online storage site that is willing to host rbs files and also allow direct file links (three cheers for www.hotlinkfiles.com!)

For a start, I have put up the golden classic of our Form 2 year, We Are The World by USA for Africa. I need to convert every mp3 to rbs and upload to hotlinkfiles, a process that takes 20 minutes for each file.

So, any requests from anyone on what they want to hear? I have on my hard disk more than 1000 songs from the 80's :)

Note on how to use the player - press play, then once the track starts to pre-load, press the pause button to stop the music and wait for the full track to load (you can see the progress by the grey bar over the song title). This way, you will be able to enjoy the song without any interruptions due to slow internet speed.

Speaking of speed, please note each song is about 3 to 4 MB, so it may take a while to load. If you all prefer smaller size file with lower quality, do let me know so that I can adjust it.

If anyone wants the actual mp3's please drop me a mail.

11 comments:

mygreatbuds said...

Pat, welldone..two thumbs up for you.

Yes, thks Hansac for your suggestion. Our blog is now becoming more alive.

Pat, please load up "My Heart My Soul"...(Reenactment thingy need to start from this...to help our sis to have total recall).

mygreatbuds said...

Pat, it seems that you are reading my minds...probably due to our same birthdate even same place in Lowe King How Hospital :)

Thanks for loading up the 2nd song...It is really sensational feeling...moving back through music.

Hardy said...

Pat.....

You are the greatest...... Why in our age like to listen to the song in 80's? Really great

Ivy said...

Sie Chiong, you're a genius!! I wldn't mind being called an IT nerd myself...people worship you!

Gr8buds, slow dance boh, "You're My Heart You're My Soul" meh? Sure or not?

Anyone into 80s chinese songs? Me & Leh Ning were suckers for Wan Jie's songs...

Have downloaded a pileful of 80s songs from www.limewire.com, try it out, totally free.

Pat said...

As mentioned, all credit goes to Hansac, without his blog I would still be rummaging around the Net trying to find the best solution. Thanks, Hansac!

Ivy, thanks for the heads up on Limewire :) So guys, if you need the actual files, you know where to look.

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

*must bring portable harddisk to re-union. Pat got 1000 songs from 80s*

Heroes said...

hey pat,
thank u so much for yr effort to put up the 80s songs in our blog here.

Put the songs from the following singers also:-
1) Michael Jackson
2) Tears for Fears
3) George Michael
4) Boy George
5) AHA
6) Pet Shop Boy - Always On My Mind
7) Simple Mind
8) Roxette
9) Modern Talking
10) Tokyo Square - Within u will remain

and more...u knew my taste, right pat....

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

DONT FORGET RICK ASTLEY. DAMN AFTER SO MANY YEARS I STILL CAN REMEMBER HOW HIS LAST NAME WAS SPELT.

Hardy said...

Wah.....
Looks like Pat have a busy schedule now. Putting up songs request from all the 80's fan. Pat, u better open a new radio station especially for songs in the 80's

Pat said...

Hardy - haha, my pleasure :)

I'm scared of putting up too many, in case I take up too much bandwidth and kena ban by blogger or hotlinkfiles

Just put up Within You'll Remain by Tokyo Square, Everybody Wants to Rule The World by Tears For Fears, and The Sun Always Shines On TV by Aha.

Heroes said...

pat,
thank u very much for yr effort to put up my songs request...by the way, can u put up one more song for me....thats my favourite song at all time....'you r always on my mind' by pet shop boys...