Friday, August 24, 2007

Development of SIbu

Do you know where is this place? What are the buildings before this? I took this pic this morning. Some of us knew where is this place and what are the buildings.
Now it is Dataran Sibu where it is used to be our sports stadium and where I've learned my driving lesson there 18 years ago. JPJ is just across the stadium next to "rumah tumpang" for Iban to stay and Lau King Howe Hospital. Can you guys still remember all the buildings? Even the Kampung Dato is missing bit by bit and the river is getting more and more polluted each day. Development of Sibu.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hardy,
Thanks for the post, man. Really nostalgic. Haven't been back to Sibu in ages. When did the stadium disappear? I remember taking my driving lesson there too...side-parking, reverse parking, all using a Ford Crown...freaking large car.

WH

mygreatbuds said...

Ya, a real nostalgic photo...I had my driving lesson and test there too...

Sibu Stadium, JPJ, Lowe Kin Howe Hospital (the place I was born), Sibu Basketball club, Sibu Tennis Club all were in the vicinity...

Guess who owns the place now, huh ?

Every year, we have our sports day there...we have competition like best cheering team...still recall 5S3 was the champion of cheering team that year...we erected our own hut (avoiding from the hotsun) and also our flag pole (the bamboo pole is contribution by Lieng Tee's uncle...I think we carry by motorcyle...eee,very dangerous act not to be follow)...these were the hardwork of our class scouts...they are David, Ngang, Kwong Hock etc..

....wish I have the photo but well, do not think we can afford a camera like nowadays...a camera phone to capture every moments of sweet memories..wherever we want..

Frankly, though I am back to Sibu (almost every other month)...due to business engagement...I have always have the sweet feeling wherever I recall my younger days on every part of Sibu...may be this is an ageing signs..

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

Hardy! Hey. From which building did you take that picture from. Was it Wisma Sanyan?

Hardy said...

Hansac
Yeap. You can go to SMC or SRDC office i.e 20 to 22 floor