Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Know your own place first !

I believe all would have seen this logo and especially the celebration of 50 years of Nationhood...if you have not please do observe on buses, coffee shops, hotels or places of tourist attraction. The other day, I was having coffee with our friend, Heroes, we were talking about our Sydney trip in 2005, what a wonderful trip...and as we were sharing this tourism aspect, we touched on Sibu and local places...I realised that I have been looking out to overseas trip but there are still many great places in Sarawak that I have not been to...except these places...
- Sarikei (many times)
- Bintangor (many times)
- Betong (once only)
- Batang Ai (once only)
- Sri Aman (5 times)
- Serian (many times)
- Kota Samarahan (many times)
- Kapit (2x only)
- Bintulu (many times)
- Mulu (once only)
- Miri (many times)
I still recall on the Kapit trip (in 1990 - that was 17 years back, after our U6) where 10 or 11 of us (schoolmates - boys and girls) went for a 2 days 1 night trip to visit Kapit and also the great 7 storey waterfall...it was a very good experience as we journey on foot to the waterfall (about 45 minutes)...
Yet to go are; Kanowit (only passed by), Mukah, Balingian, Lawas, Marudi, Limbang, Song, Bakun, Pelagus etc.
May be I have taken these places for granted as thought I have a lot of time to go for these places than overseas...or because of the attraction presented in the movie or TV or annual calendar. Whatever the reason is, I hope I could complete visiting all the major towns of Sarawak soon.

3 comments:

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

I have never been to Mukah, Matu/Daro, Oya, Igan, Meradong, Medong, Kapit, Baram, Bario.

I've been to Kanowit, Sarikei, Sri Aman, Serian.

Whenever friends outside Sarawak ask, I will always advise them to take a bus from Kuching and stop one night at every town the bus go through.

Adventurous like that.

Heroes said...

gr8buds,
talking about our Sydney trip in 2005, i would say that was the most enjoyable overseas trip i had so far. I enjoyed walking from one place to another place on the 3rd day we were in Sydney. I think we walked for about 20kms or more with our bag from 8.00am to 6pm. Can u imagine if in Kuching, how far can u walk?? Ehh...better drive lar...am i right??? :))

Now we are looking and planning for our next year overseas trip which we have few options. Lets plan and save money..ok..

Mmmm...Sarawak....where have i been to b4??? Sibu (of course lar, if not mana saya tahu kamu semua!), Sri Aman, Sarikei, Betong, Saratok, Serian, Bau, Lundu, Sematan, Kota Samarahan, Bintangor, Kanowit, Kapit, Bintulu, Miri, Lawas (few hours trip only), Bario (only the airport), Mulu (only the airport), Mukah, Bakun.

Pat said...

Like many of us here, I've not managed to visit all the places in Sarawak, but every time I come back, when I see the lush jungles below me from the plane, it never fails to warm my heart, for I know at that moment that I am home.

I've stayed in many towns during my younger days, due to my dad's govt transfers, but Sibu holds a special spot in my heart, for that is where I knew all of you :)