Monday, November 12, 2007

Be Careful and Check Our Greed

As you read this message from a FRIEND...I believe many of us would have come across such business activity...
This COZEN business incident happened at Wisma Seberkas, Kuching, Sarawak ..The True Story from my Aunty's Experience: -The salespersons came to approach and persuade my aunty by saying that there is a lucky draw from their shop. When come to their shop, they gave a numbered voucher for lucky draw, bring my aunty to a corner to play lucky pick games in computer.Then the salespersons told my aunty that she wins a big prize which is an equipment to absorb smoke and oil and a gas stove.However, to redeem the Big Prize, my aunty will need to purchase an item from their shop. The payment can be paid by installment roughly RM100 plus per month. They're very persuasive and lastly my aunt being persuaded by them. The weird thing is, there is NO price being tagged on the electric item displayed in their shop.She was then being persuaded to buy the cooking set, which cost RM2988, and after rebate with the voucher given earlier that cost RM100 is RM2888.
Dear All, here's come the matter you all MUST take note & BEWARE on. These salespersons then ask for her credit card saying that to check the validity of that credit card. Well, normally we'll give out the credit card, the TERRIFYING action is that once they have the card, straight away they go to the inner side of the corner shop and swipe my aunt's credit card until the limit BURST!!!My Aunt was very shocked. At that moment her thinking suddenly dropped and there're lots of people over there, under NO CHOICE, My aunty has to sign on the print-out chits.She was been told the only way to successfully redeem the prizes is to clear all the balance.
Take note that, during 'cheating process', my aunt told me, she felt very tired and the concentration is very low, also the self-awareness. I am not sure whether they are using black magic or not because my aunt only can recalled after few hours of this incident happened. However, it is too late to ask for help. They act very fast, whole process only takes less than 10 minutes.Also be warned, this kind of cozen business has been moving around in Kuching, it is very serious cases at West Malaysia . Other places such as Satok, 4 th Miles, Sejingkat also has the similar business trap to consumers.
BE CAREFUL and ALWAYS ALERT in YOUR MIND. Recently, the salespersons hang around at 1st Floor, Wisma Seberkas to PIN their targets. IGNORE those salespersons directly. Bear in mind that there is no free lunch in this world.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just sharing on an additional info. Another "...Sdn Bhd" at 2nd Floor at Everrise, BDC is doing the same. This company is placing their marketers and distributing coupons at fuel stations and shopping centres. They are using the same tactics.

Melissa

mygreatbuds said...

Actually 3 years back I had my own experience at Sarawak Plaza. However, I am fully aware of such scams but just wish to experience the whole process.Trying to understand how this expert trying to con people...I actually won a full set sound system (never heard of the brand before) costing RM3,000.00 but I never get it as I do not want to buy a full set cooking ware alleged to value at RM1,998.00 except a small gift worth less than RM5.00 (I think is a desk top light, made in China)

I am actually impressed with its modus operandi...worth to be recognised and I do think that they are quite successful if not why till today, I still see them operating...(a food for thought)....

mygreatbuds said...

oh..plus 1 free packet of Teh bunga...plus trying the computer lucky draw selection game (I think the programming of the games does cost them some money)...

Heroes said...

yeah, Melissa is right that there is another company at Everrise, BDC which had been actively doing this business since years.