Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Gentle Reminder

I lost a dear friend 2 days ago. He was as fit as any fit person could be but was gone in the blink of an eye. As much as Frankie's passing in May has made me think a lot about getting back in touch with old friends, it didn't hit as hard as seeing my friend lying in peace. That I would never hear him speak or laugh again was really difficult to accept.

My apologies if this posting is too solemn for some of us, but I'd like to gently remind all of us who are gathered on this blog to appreciate that we have everyday to communicate with each other. Let's not take for granted the moments that we are able to meet face to face and enjoy each other's company.

I'm looking forward to our next get-together!! Christmas Gathering, anyone?

5 comments:

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

Ivy: No apology necessary. I appreciate it to be reminded to be grateful with all the blessings we have.

Thanks.

mygreatbuds said...

He is a cordial friend to me also. A friendly person whom I used to meet at squash court at the club. He is a fit and good squash player but never now that he has two blocked arteries.

A sad moment but a good reminder to all of us to appreciate what we have now and the time opportunity to make the best out of it though we do not know when is our turn as yet.

Christmas/Year end gathering is a must and I shall spearhead the arrangement...

Anonymous said...

Which also reminds me to put forth this question: "How many of us do a yearly comprehensive med checkup and keep track of the results?"

When I was working for a multinational firm, it was compulsory to do so. Working with multinational aside, how many of us do so on our own beckoning?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna "yahoo" up some info on heart and block arteries... :)

Note: All trademarks used are property of respective owner.

Warhammer

Pat said...

Sorry to hear about your friend's untimely demise. Over the last few years, there's been some cases in my circle of friends as well. Just wanna share my thoughts:

1. All of us do not know how much time God has given us on this earth, so we shouldn't take our time here for granted. When we wake up with that realization every day, we will be able to make the right choices in our lives.

2. Loving your family and friends does not just mean showering them with good things, etc. It also means taking responsibility for our own health so that, God willing, we can continue to take care of them.

3. Events like this helps us to put things into perspective. So, let's not get too upset over small matters, and learn to let things be.

Life is precious - live it, appreciate it, cherish it.

Mr Tee said...

What ever in my mind have been spoken by all writers before me and hence to spice it up: A gentle reminder to the hugging session to be compulsory in the upcoming gathering. BB, BG, GG. Wee weeee!

NB: Dun just heat up in the blog and goes limp during gathering.