Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Nian Man San Net Puo"

Chinese New Year Eve is just another 20 days from now. How is the preparation for the coming new year ? I guess some may have started early but many including myself is so-so...probably after this weekend, many will be on "heat".

Many may still waiting for the big fat bonuses from their taukey whom may on the other hand try to push to a later date.

The OC for Reunion Dinner is also getting more excited in updating the latest attendance list as we move nearer to our 20th Reunion Dinner which falls on 2nd day of CNY.

We will be meeting up just before the family reunion dinner to ensure all arrangement are OKs.

$$$$$$$

Coming back to the new year preparation, I do observe that the traffic in Kuching has started to increase as we travel through the city. This is norm as the time goes nearer to the festival day. In Sibu, it would be even more interesting as usually those working outside town will return back to attend the traditional family reunion dinner...including myself and I will be driving back this year together with my "Sa hia" and his family. Which day ? no sure yet as this year, my Rachel is in Primary One so we need to follow her school schedule.

Hey, must update the family photo like usually my Malay's friends over in Kuching, they have really big big family photo session...talking about 100 or more at the Dewan...so far I have not heard such in Sibu for one single family (anyone doing it ?)

@@@@

New Year Visitation : Must go merry go round this year to visit more relatives/friends with the highlight on joint "pei nian" to at least 100 schoolmates at Paramount Hotel.


Last but not least, must enjoy the aroma of firecrakers again (although I know is not good for health...may wake up some bad cells if smell at long duration)...but the aroma will inspire and recollect my younger time :)

2 comments:

Pat said...

The sound and smell of firecrackers will always remind me of Sibu and of Chinese New Year.

Can't wait to be back!

mygreatbuds said...

Pat, definitely...besdie this will be the first time Cynthia is in Sibu (daddy's house).

And this year, we have a big task to do...