Friday, October 19, 2007

Men & Eggs

After reading Hansac's Power of 4, in which he declared his love for roes, I decided that I would put into words the question that has always been on my mind - what is it with men and eggs?

9 out of 10 men I know has a special love for eggs, whereas in the case of ladies, the statistics would likely be around 5 out of 10. Of course, this is just my own observation lah....no proper survey done.

My claim is supported by dear ole "chief inspector" himself...my hubby has this extra happy look on his face whenever he's eating eggs - doesn't quite matter in what form they are cooked, as long as they're eggs. And to go the extreme, if there is an egg on his plate of food, he'd usually save it till the very last moment....and then savour it like it's the first and last time he'll ever taste an egg.

Almost every of my other guy friends will confess to the same. So what say those of you on this blog who are 101% sure that you're from the male species - do eggs turn your appetite on? Ah hem, ah hem....let's keep our train of thoughts to the taste buds of your mouth and no where else, ok!

12 comments:

Ir. Hanafi Ali said...

SAYA SETUJU!!!

My late father used to eat two half-boiled (chicken) eggs every morning. I myself have a taste for runny fried eggs, half-boiled eggs, poached, scrambled, fried, hard-boiled.

I used to have a dozen quails reared in a pen in my house compound, I just love eating those small sized eggs!

But the delicacy for me are eggs of river prawns, crabs, turtles, sturgeon (caviar), and DO YOU KNOW that calamary also have eggs?

If you fry the calamary with eggs, the eggs will explode one by one.

I love to fry it slowly, let the eggs cooked, and savour it last during a meal.

Ivy said...

AH HA!!! One down, how many more to go?

Hansac, you've got a streak of sadism in you....interesting. BTW, can u pls kindly enlighten me, what is calamary...squid kah?

Anonymous said...

Calamary, or commonly and properly spelt calamari is fried squid in gastronomy speak.


WH

Heroes said...

EGG....EGG....yeah i had to admit that i also liked EGG very much. No matter how it cook, i still like..hehe.... but to be more specific in term of how it is cook... i prefer half-boiled egg, fried egg with black sauce, "Chai Po" egg, telur mata kerbau (especially the juicy egg york) etc.... maybe i should say all types of egg lor... hahahah..:-)..:-0...

Pat said...

Hmmm, Ivy, I think you're on to something here. I do love all sorts of eggs, fav is either half boiled or scrambled.

Unfortunately have to eat less of them nowadays due to my high cholesterol.

Ivy said...

Thanks for "endorsing" my claim, Heroes & Pat!

Heroes, what's telur mata kerbau?

William said...

Very quiet recently. Where are you guys?

Hardy said...

Hehehe....
Maybe because of the topic "Men & Egg". Ivy, you shouldn't ask men about egg. You see, they are very quite searching for their eggs, what size, what grade or ......

Ivy, I'm going to Kuching next week, one week there. Maybe we can sit together with other guys and ladies, eating "telur mata kerbau". Hehehehe....

Ivy said...

Sure thing Ardy! Give me an e-mail to let me know "next week" is when till when, can prepare mah...

Sung Hua & family were in Kch during the Raya hols....I scrambled to take my bath and get ready to go bring them around cos she called out of the blue!! Had a great day with them though.

mygreatbuds said...

I do love hard boiled chicken eggs with black kicap.

I still remember I was the school prefect supervising the boiling of 250 eggs every morning when I was in Primary 6. We put the eggs in a biscuit tins and use the broken chair/furniture parts as fuel. It took us some 30-45 minutes to get all done. Then, we go it distributed to classes with each student given one egg each.

It was a fun event !

Ivy said...

Gr8buds, that's the coolest school days story I've ever heard, must have been fun!!

mygreatbuds said...

Oh..yes...it is really fun...like playing cooking...during school time (btw, at primary 6 we are quite free after the primary 5 exam...)