Monday, October 15, 2007

Pat's Power of 4 (New Additions)

4 of my favourite 80's songs

This is really tough, as there's so many to choose from, but here goes:-
  • Man In The Mirror (Michael Jackson) - one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard, even till today it never fails to send chills down my spine. I first heard the song when I was in Form 4.
  • There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make you Cry) (Billy Ocean) - every time I hear it, it reminds me of my Form 3 days, cycling to school in the evenings to study because Bro. Albinus was worried for my class (3A8) :)
  • Kyrie (Mr Mister) - I spent most of my Form 5 year listening to it, it reminded me of the times when I cycled to Low King Howe hospital to visit my ailing grandfather, and cycling around Jalan Oya and Jalan Deshon with Stephen Chung, wondering about the next step in our lives.
  • Let The River Run (Carly Simon) - this was the theme song to the movie Working Girl, it became the anthem to motivate me when I was really down after I did badly in my SAM programme.

4 of my favourite memories of school days

  • Playing "see kee pui" (the four card game) with the 3A8 gang. I think we started playing in Form 2, and continued all the way up to Form 6 (I remember playing in Poh Kian's office in 1990).
  • The evening study sessions at SHS - SHS is very peaceful and quiet at night, and we usually have supper somewhere after the study session ends at 9.30 pm.
  • Sports Day Form 5 (1988) - that year, there was some kind of competition for best cheerleading, so all the classes went all out to put up banners, etc at the old SMC Padang. I still have the photos from that, will post them up one day.
  • Computer Club - those of you who know me probably remember that I spent a lot of my Form 3 to Form 5 years in the Computer Room instead of studying :P

So, now I tag Heroes to do the two additions above, after which he will tag the next person to do the full Power of 4. Ta!

5 comments:

William said...

What about four girls you adore?

Pat said...

William....errmm....sensitive topic lah.. :)

William said...

First your mother
Second your wife
Third your daughter
Fourth is "secret"

mygreatbuds said...

Ooi William, when talk about girls, we do not include mother, grandmother or auntie or daugthers..leh..

Anonymous said...

share market isn't good today