Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Power 4 of mygreatbuds

Hey, Heroes, thanks for the passing...

4 Jobs I’ve in my life..so far
a) Part time jobs – started at the age of 9 years old to 16 years old during school breaks…working for my mum and dad…selling wrapping paper..made from cement bags/old newspaper, in a sawmill factory and also wood working factory.
b) Teacher – after my Form 6, whilst waiting for STPM result, a very good exposure.
c) Textile Factory – during my short break after my graduation in May to August 1995, a good exposure too as I was also entrusted to lead 20 Bangladeshi.
d) Insurance Industry – since Sep 1995 till now…12 years been slaving around…hehehe..

Just hope that I will be financial independence in another 4 years…

4 Favorite foods
As you can observe from my size, I love all type of foods…which one le..
a) Sibu Kampua mee...only Sibu (at the Jalan Long Bridge)
b) “La chai ton” ..foochow style...with the Sibu Chicken extra ummp
c) Hokkien mee – KL style…at Petaling Street…after 12 a.m., that is the best…
d) Roasted chicken...at Country Side Restaurant, Kuching (at the current moment)

When I am stressed up…I would normally go for food and sleep.

4 Places that I’ve been to vacation to
I have been to many vacations locally but would like to share the ones that I have been to in overseas
a) Singapore – in 1995, my first time outside Malaysia with my girlfriend.
b) Gold Coast, Australia – 1999, my first time outside South East Asia region with my wife for my honeymoon.
c) Sydney, Australia – 2005, 2nd time back on Australian soil, with my wife and Heroes.
d) Phuket – 2006, 1st time on the land of Suspense.

I hope before year end, I could have another vacation abroad…as I still have 18 days of leave…huh !

4 Favorite TV Shows
I do not watch much TV shows nowadays as I am not subscribing Astro anymore or do not have the discipline to follow through TV1,2,3,7,8,9. However, I can still name the favorite past;

a) Incredible Hulk…this is the best of my time..in the 80s
b) E.R…the best in 90s..usually watch with my brother
c) 24…the last I watch before terminating Astro service
d) C.S.I..a very interesting shows..

Watching TV brings a nostalgic moment for me as I remember in the 70s to early 80s, we do not have any TV at home…so every evening we (my brothers & I) have to stand at the fence of my neighbour’s house to watch TV. Luckily the neighbour is kind enough not to close the window. Tears flowing…

4 Places that I’ve lived..
Luckily it is on places not houses…or address…if not how to place it to 4..

a) In “Sampa” (Kun Thai…between Sibu & Bintangor, I guess) …1971 to 1974
b) In Sibu, Sarawak ….at Jalan Oya…1974 to 1987 and at Jalan Sukun…1987 to 1990
c) In Selangor…1990 to 1995….Bangi & 1995 to 1997…Serdang
d) In Kuching, Sarawak…1997 to 2002…Taman Stutong & 2002 to present…Empire Garden

4 Movies that I would watch over and over..
I seldom repeat the movie unless they are really good or I am too boring, no money to buy new ones…
a) All movies acted by Chow Sing Chi…I like the jokes.
b) All movies acted by Jet Li…I like his actions
c) All movies acted by Bruce Lee….this is evergreen movies…
d) All movies produced by Singapore director(forgot the name…but recently he directed Follow The Law)…basically I like the common jokes..

4 Places you rather be right now…
a) Fully undressed in the spa, then proceed for full course body rejuvenation
b) Squash Court, sweating it out
c) At home, doing my new photo album
d) At home reading my book…the Millionaire Mindset.

I like to relax now…as last night, my Moses keep on kicking during sleep causing me to wake up at least 5-6 times….so still feeling tired.

4 Favorite songs
Rather than specific songs, it is hard for me to identify so well like Pat. I would go for singers instead…
a) Songs by Andy Lau…I have all his songs in my collection
b) Songs by Jacky Cheung…started to love his songs after he got married…hehehe..thanks to China girls that I met.
c) Songs by Michael Jackson especially Beat it, Billy Jean, Thriller, Black or White, You are not Alone
d) Songs by Ritchie Ren…especially on soft heart…

4 of my favorite memories of my school days
Ooo…a lot of good memories as well as bad ones…difficult to line them up as which one is the best as they are all invaluable memories…

a) Catching frogs for Biology class…aiyo…always go to kampong areas with close buddies…averagely can catch up to 15-20 numbers.
b) Red Cresent School Camp…a wonderful event as we get to stay in school for about a week, doing cooking, buying vegetables, barbecue, games and also can stay up late at night chit-chatting and do the security checking at night. With ghost story telling, it does raise up my hair when doing the rounds.
c) Chinese New Year visitation on bicycle…a real memorable event…I remember we can visit up to 20 houses a day. These days, we are only looking at 4-5 houses…already very tired.
d) Watching movie at Cinema…at one afternoon, we have some 15 of our classmates go to watch adult movie…supposedly watching “Chen Kuan Dai” but turn up to be wrong information received, thus only managed to watch “The Train”


Phew…at last, I pass through my Power 4 sharing……now let’s see what IVY would like to share….

6 comments:

Heroes said...

Great job, greatbuds.....

Pat said...

Hey Greatbuds, good job!

TV - wah, I'm impressed that you cancelled your Astro. I wanted to also, but somehow, addicted lah, somemore planning to get Max in the near future :p

Movies - I guess you like those that make you laugh or have mindless actiion, haha. The S'pore guy you mentioned is Jack Neo (or Liang Zhi Qiang in Mandarin)

Food - got to try the roast chicken the next time I'm in Kuching..

Holidays - suggest to go HK, both MAS and Airasia fighting to offer the cheapest fare to Macau and Shenzhen.

Memories - I never went with you guys for the movie, but that episode became a legend and an oft-repeated story among our friends, hehe..

mygreatbuds said...

Pat, it is hard decision though on Astro, but as I wanted to save at least RM110 month and replaced with a parabolic where can watch the rest of the world.

Macau/Hong Kong seems to be the choice before Beijing/Shanghai next year...

I am going through my bank account right now...as I need at least RM10k to make the trip with my whole family. Hopefully all my stocks goes up before monthend.

Heroes said...

Roasted chicken is always your favourite food and if not u want control yr diet..i have seen u eaten a whole chicken...:-)

"Fully undressed in the spa, then proceed for full course body rejuvenation"....wow...sounds relaxing and eager to try once....Kuching here got or not? We normally go to the china massage or foot massage only...We should try one day...

mygreatbuds said...

I have started my nutrituous breakfast again. Today is the 2nd day already...you may see "ange-ange look again soon..

Ya, I can finish the whole spring chicken if I want to..but not the Sibu Chicken.

Hoi...back to reality...fully undressed is only in the spa room, then when go to massage, you have to wear a short. Don't simply lead girls to think otherwise if not we cannot go next time.

In Land of Suspense, of course you can do whatever style you like...

Ivy said...

Gr8buds, care to share your "nutritious" breakfast recipe with me?

After going on holiday last month, and then attending a truly traditional chinese funeral earlier ths mth, I am now o-ge o-ge....aduuuhhh, it takes me at least 6 mths to get just a little bit fairer.